Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Life continued...

The rest of October
So after Jaycee was born, we still had no name for her.  I was hoping/expecting that after everything I went through to have her Tyson would finally just give in and jump on board with my choices...  He didn't.  Instead he "veto'd" them and told me he still really wanted his pick.  And since there was no way I was naming her his pick, we were back to square one.  So frustrating.  And I was sooo exhausted.  So they moved us to my new room, and we were talking and people kept asking us what her name was, and Jaycee randomly just popped into my head!  So I said, what about Jaycee?  (Fully expecting to be shot down, like my 2985893 suggestions before had been)  and he goes, ok.  I like Jaycee...
ARE YOU KIDDING??  haha we argued about her name for 9 months and then it was that easy?  We decided next baby we arent even talking about names till they are here. 
Ok...I'm gunna be honest here...I dealt with being pregnant and throwing up all the time pretty well.  I expected that to be awful, so I was mentally prepared to deal with it.  Being in labor for 18+ hours was hard, but I expected labor and delivering a baby to be hard, so I dealt pretty good with that too...
No one, not in all my millons of conversations with moms everywhere, ever mentioned to me that recovering from having a baby could also be very hard.  So no, I can't say I dealt with that very well.  haha...I would LOVE to be one of those amazing super women who jumped right out of bed and didn't need any pain killers, and functioned great on the lack of sleep they got those first few weeks, but I'll be honest.  I wasn't.  haha I WAS IN PAIN.  And I WAS TIRED.  And I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT!  
Call me nieve, but I don't really know what I thought was going to happen after I actually had my baby.  To be honest, I don't think I ever actually thought about life after I wasn't pregnant any more. 
Between my crushed (not really but it felt like it) tail bone, and my milk coming in (ok, I guess thats not awful for everyone, but it was for me) and the crazy hormones, there were A LOT of tears that week.  haha I was a mess...And honestly don't think I couldn't have done it without my mom there!  Kudos to all those amazing people who do it on their own...

LUCKILY I had this amazing little girl to make it all worth it!  

Brand new baby yawns are the best...

First Bath at home!!  Wasn't the biggest fan...

But, she was the cutest in her baby towel!

Classic family picture...notice I had no pants that fit yet...rocking the yoga pants still



We were VERY grateful for grandma that week

AND uncle Brad!  He learned way too much about what girls go through post baby though I think haha 

1 comment:

  1. OH I KNOW! If I had seen you when you were pregnant I would have told you about the recovery. I was the same way. I was seriously ticked no one warned me. So I warn every pregnant women I see. I'm sorry I didn't think to send you an email! But she sure is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete